Yoshifumi Hayashi's laboratory from Osaka International University is conducting research on “the appeal of tourist spots as seen by travelers” through photographs taken by tourists. The focus is not on photographic technique or artistry of photography, but rather on the choice of photo content. If you understand the contents below and agree to participate in the research, we ask for your cooperation in the survey.
Explanation of purpose
- Purpose of the survey
- To collect photographs taken by travelers who have visited Nara and clarify the charm of Nara with respect to past visits and travel history.
- Survey target
- People who live outside Nara Prefecture and who visited Nara for sightseeing purposes between November 2019 and March 2020
- Survey method
- First, we'll ask you to answer a few general questions about your travel history and your visit to Nara. Then, we'll ask you to upload around 10 representative photos from your Nara trip. Finally, we'll ask you a few questions about the photographs.
- Survey cooperation reward
- We will send a Nara-themed dishcloth to the 250 participants in the lottery with a mailing address in Japan who submit photos
- Collection and use of personal information
- The personal information we collect will only be used only for research purposes, such as conference presentations and academic papers. The photos you provide will only be published in academic papers or published on this site if they do not contain personally identifiable individuals. From data analysis to storage and disposal, we will carry out strict data management.
- Safety measures for personal information
- We will implement safety measures to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, loss, destruction, and alteration of personal information.
- Compliance with laws and code of ethics
- We will follow all relevant Japanese laws regarding the protection of personal information, obey the research ethics guidelines of Osaka International University, and comply with the Codes of Ethics of the Japanese Psychological Association and Japan Institute of Tourism Research, of which the research representative is a member.