About the Tourism Photography Research Project
Yoshifumi Hayashi's laboratory from Osaka International University is conducting research on through photographs taken by tourists. The focus is not on photographic techniques or the artistry of photography, but rather on the choice of photo content. If you understand the contents below and agree to participate in the research, we ask for your cooperation with the survey.
- Purpose of the survey
- To collect photographs taken by tourists who have visited Nara and clarify the charm of Nara with respect to their travel history.
- Survey target
- People who traveled to Nara Prefecture before the end of 2020.
- Survey method
- First, we will ask you to upload approximately 10 representative photos from your Nara trip. Then, we will ask you to answer a few general questions about your travel history and your visit to Nara.
- Survey cooperation reward
- We will send a Nara-themed dishcloth.
（＊Limited to participants who provide an address in Japan, where rewards can be mailed）
- Collection and use of personal information
- The personal information we collect will only be used only for research purposes, such as conference presentations and academic papers. The photos you provide will only be published in academic papers, on this site, or Instagram page, if they do not contain any personally identifiable individuals. From data analysis to storage and disposal, we will carry out strict data management.
- Safety measures for personal information
- We will implement safety measures to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, loss, destruction, and alteration of personal information.
- Compliance with laws and Code of Ethics
- We will follow all relevant Japanese laws regarding the protection of personal information, obey the research ethics guidelines of Osaka International University, and comply with the Codes of Ethics of the Japanese Psychological Association and Japan Institute of Tourism Research, of which the research representative is a member.